We are seeking a voluntary member to join the Harbour Homes Board and Finance and Risk Committee.
We are a Registered Social Landlord providing thousands of affordable homes in and around Leith. We have award winning developments stretching from Granton to Portobello! You can find out more about Harbour here.
We are particularly keen to have tenants on our Boards who can both represent the tenant body and also the diverse communities that we serve which are currently under-represented. Therefore, applications from our tenants are especially welcomed.
If you have a background, skills or experience in Finance, Risk Management and/ or Treasury we want to hear from you!
In addition, ideally, you will also have skills, experience or an interest in one or more of the other areas below – no formal qualifications are required.
- Community Development
- Local Economic Development
- Public Health and Wellbeing
- Property / architecture
- Eco / sustainability
- Human Resource
In each year we have four formal Board meetings, three Finance and Risk Committee meetings plus two away days with Board Members of other parts of Harbour, including Harbour Lettings, Harbour Connections and Harbour Multi-Trades.
As a voluntary Board Member you will have the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in the development of a growing, ambitious and award-winning group
- Put your experience, skills and knowledge to constructive use
- Develop your own knowledge, experience and personal skills
- Network with others with shared commitment and ideals
- Contribute to Harbour’s mission to make a positive impact on people’s lives in Leith and north Edinburgh by providing affordable homes and services, and creating brilliant communities.
If you have any questions and would like to have an informal chat with the group CEO or Chair, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org who will make the relevant arrangements.
To apply for the position please email email@example.com enclosing a CV and covering note, which should provide your contact details and information to demonstrate that you have the relevant knowledge, skills, experience and interest, and can passionately and enthusiastically contribute towards the work of the group.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon Friday 13 October 2023.
Applicants invited for interview will be notified after the closing date to arrange a suitable date and time.